Your privacy is very important to us. Pinkribbonrunner.com is committed to respecting your privacy through the protection of your personal information.
- information we collect when you visit our website, https://pinkribbonrunner.com
- information collected via our social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
- other information we may collect when you purchase our products or use our services.
Pinkribbonrunner.com follows the principles established by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), which establishes rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in Canada.
We promise to:
- be accountable: pinkribbonrunner.com promises to protect your personal information and not transfer it to a third party without your consent.
- be lawful, fair, and transparent about the use of your personal information.
- identify the purpose(s): We promise to let you know why we are collecting the information we are collecting.
- obtain valid, informed consent: We will only collect, use and disclose personal information you have voluntarily provided to us, with your knowledge and consent, unless otherwise required by law.
- limit collection: We will only collect enough personal information needed for the purpose intended.
- limit use, disclosure, and retention: We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purpose it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected. We will destroy, erase, or render anonymous information that is no longer needed.
- be accurate: We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- use appropriate safeguards and confidentiality: We will use appropriate security safeguards to protect your personal information and maintain confidentiality.
- be non-discriminatory about price or service when you exercise your privacy rights.
- give individuals access to their own personal information: At your request, we will disclose our collection, retention and use of your personal information. You can amend or remove your information at any time by contacting us.
- provide recourse: Should you have any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions, please contact us. If we cannot resolve your privacy concerns, please contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Contact information can be found at the bottom of this Policy.
What Is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. It can include name, address, phone number, age, gender, etc. However, it can also include information such as health status, opinion, and comments. Personal Information does not include publicly available information that is made available from federal, provincial/state, or local government records.
What Is Consent?
Express consent can be given by you in writing, electronically, by telephone, or by using a check box.
Implied consent may be used by us as a basis for extending new marketing offers or information on our products or services. You can opt-out of any new marketing offers, products or services by contacting us.
You can withdraw previously given consent at anytime by contacting us.
Personal Information We Collect And How We Use It:
With your consent, we may collect personal information from you through the internet, by email, and occasionally over the telephone or by mail. The type of information we usually collect and maintain may include the following:
General Use of Website and Social Media
- Our website utilizes WordPress and Akismet anti-spam service for comments. If you choose to comment on a website post, the name and profile picture you provide will appear to the public. You are required to submit your valid email address, but this does not appear publicly and is used to filter out spam or harmful comments. If you choose to submit a website address with your comment, a clickable link will be attached to your name. The web address itself is not displayed. If you leave a comment, once approved, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely or until we decide to remove it. You can request that your comment be removed by contacting us directly.
- You may provide Personal Information to us through use of our social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter). Please remember that any information you post on social media, including comments and images, will become publicly available. The information obtained may include your user proﬁle, your name, email address, and proﬁle picture associated with your social media account. For more information about how your personal information is handled on social media, please refer to the specific social media platforms privacy policies. Pinkribbonrunner.com does not handle or store this information directly. It is done through the social media platform (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- When you request access to our Template Library and other free resources, you will be providing your name and email address, and you agree to receive our newsletter and other emails as below.
Newsletter and other emails:
- We use MailChimp email services. We will collect your name and email address when you subscribe to our newsletter and emailing list.
- By consenting to receive our emails, you will receive information, notifications, and newsletters via email from time to time that we hope will be of interest to you. Topics will be related to the information provided on our website and may include, but not be limited to, exercise, foods and diets, mindfulness, general health information and information about cancer.
- From time to time we may send emails that are direct marketing; and contain information about our products and services. We may also send you marketing emails that we feel are relevant to you from a third party as part of an affiliate program. If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing emails, please contact us and let us know.
- We will never sell your Personal Information to third parties.
- You may opt out of receiving all email communications from pinkribbonrunner.com by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained within our emails. Alternately, you may contact us to remove your information from the list.
- We may collect your name, address, phone number, email address or other information as required for getting the purchased item to you or as required for accounting purposes.
- We will need your physical mailing address should we need to mail your purchased products to you.
- We use PayPal and Stripe for payment, so we do not have access to your personal financial information or credit card number.
Contests and Surveys:
- From time-to-time, we may offer promotions, giveaways, contests, surveys and the like on our website or social media accounts.
- Your participation in these activities is completely voluntary. By participating in these activities, you agree to the rules that are posted with the specific event. The rules can also be obtained by contacting us directly.
- If you decide to participate, you will be required to provide Personal Information, such as your name, email address, social media profile information, and/or physical address. We will use this information to notify you should you win, determine compliance with contest rules specific to a country (e.g. Canadians are required to answer a skill testing question before being declared a contest winner), and/or to email/mail out your prize.
Automatically Collected Information
- We may automatically collect certain activity and usage information about you when you use our website. This may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system type, browser type, referring URL, pages you view and links you click on our Website, the dates/times when you access the Website, and other activity data.
- We collect this information to improve our website and help us remember you and your preferences when you revisit the Website.
- We may use several technologies to help collect this information as discussed below in “Cookies Policy”
How Your Information May Be Used
In addition to the purposes for collecting your Personal Information described above, we may use the information we collect to comply with laws and for our legitimate business interests. Our purposes for collecting and using this information include:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our website and your experience with it
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information
- To create your account, identify you as a user of our website, and/or customize our website for your account
- For our everyday business purposes, such as to respond to your comments or inquiries, process your transactions relating to the services we provide you, manage records, send you administrative communications, and administer and provide services to you
- For our marketing purposes, including to improve and customize our website for you and to understand how our website is used
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website and services
- Complying with legal, ethical, or regulatory obligations, including disclosures designed to eliminate potential risks to you or others
- Detecting, preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity; or responding law enforcement requests
Disclosure Of Your Information To Third Parties
We will never sell, trade or rent your Personal Information to any third party or organization. We will share your information with third parties only to the extent necessary to provide our products and services, as described below.
We share Personal Information with the following categories of recipients:
Third-Party Service Providers:
- We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers to service various aspects of our website and provide us with services such as website hosting, information technology services, and related infrastructure, e-mail delivery, auditing, and similar services.
- These service providers may have access to your Personal Information to perform their functions but are prohibited from using Personal Information for any purpose other than providing services to us.
Products and Services for You:
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers who supply our products or services to you. This is only to the extent to provide these products and services to you.
- We may use third parties for our marketing purposes. These may include the following:
- Affiliate Program Participation: Our website engages in aﬃliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website posts, pages, and, occasionally, emails. If you click on a link for an aﬃliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- Pink Ribbon Runner is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an aﬃliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.ca or Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates Program, our website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
- Pink Ribbon Runner is a participant in the AWIN Advertiser Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for approved websites to earn commission in return for marketing specific products and services. As part of this program, our website will post customized links, provided by AWIN, to track the referrals. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
- Pink Ribbon Runner may be a participant of other affiliate programs, such as Ultimate Bundles, from time to time. These programs will also utilize cookies and other such technologies to track visits to award commission on sales of items through our website.
Other Legal Reasons:
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties if we conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pink Ribbon Runner, its customers, or the public.
- Additionally, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Rights Related To Your Personal Information
Depending on your residency, you may have certain rights related to your Personal Information. These may include:
Opt-out or Withdraw Consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you withdraw your consent, we will inform you of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, simply contact us and advise us of what personal information you no longer wish us to use.
To opt-out of emails, click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained in the email or by contacting us.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have the right to know what personal information we have collected, used and shared from you and why.
You may access and verify your personal information at anytime by sending us a request at [email protected] You will be asked to provide evidence to verify your identity before we can process your request.
There may be instances when we will not be able to provide you with the personal information that you request. If we cannot fulfill your request, this will be explained to you.
Changing your Personal Information
Notification of changes such as your email address, mailing address or telephone number will help us provide you with the best possible service. Please contact us at [email protected] with the corrected information as needed.
Your Right to Be Forgotten
The right to be forgotten allows website users to ask for all the data associated with them to be deleted.
To have your personal information erased from our website, please submit a request to [email protected] You will be asked to provide evidence to verify your identity before we can process your request.
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We know you are concerned about the security of the information you provide to us. This site has reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We also maintain strict physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access.
While we have taken reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, we cannot warrant the security of the information you transmit to us, and you do so at YOUR OWN RISK.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Assuming that the collection of your information is for access to and use of our website, in most circumstances, retention will be indefinitely until you opt-out, request removal, or we choose to remove it.
Cookies Policy, and Other Tracking Technologies
A “cookie” is a small data file placed on your computer’s hard drive by our server. It allows a server to recognize whether you have visited a website previously thereby saving you the need to provide information that was already received from you. Cookies help us provide you with customized features and services based on your past preferences.
We use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
If you would prefer not receiving cookies, most Web browsers offer menu options allowing you to disable them. Already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. More information on disabling cookies can be found on the About Cookies website. While you generally can use our website without cookies, please note that it you deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Cookies may also be used by third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze Website usage information, such as information about referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
- Pinkribbonrunner.com subscribes to Google Adsense. As such, we share information with Google. Information about how Google uses this information can be found here: Google Policy
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads based on your visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Clicking here for information on how to opt out of seeing personalized Google ads.
- Opting out of personalized advertising will not prevent you from seeing ads on this site or other websites. You will continue to see generic ads.
Social media platforms and advertising websites may also use other technologies similar to cookies, such as tracking pixels. These are used to track information about the websites you visit, how you browse, which ads you click on and what purchases you make. Pink Ribbon Runner does not have direct access to this information, is not given any personally identifiable information about you, but may use the technology, in a general sense, available through social media platforms, such as Facebook, to monitor and target ads for our niche market.
You are encouraged to refer to the privacy policies of any relevant social media platform or advertising website for more information about how these technologies are used and how to opt-out if you so choose.
Embedded Content and Links of Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website also contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects Personal Information.
Privacy of Children
Pink Ribbon Runner is not intended for, nor marketed to, anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from persons under the age of 18. If you believe that the website has received the Personal Information of a person under the age of 18, please contact us.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) requires that we obtain your consent to continue sending you electronic communications (i.e. Emails). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
If your concerns have not been addressed adequately, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada Toll-free: 1-800-282-1376